Monday, February 1, 2010

Reflection on the readings of online behaviour

It is very interesting to know more about learning behaviour of online communication, and I had never heard of it when I was in college majoring in psychology. I believe research on this subject was probably done within this decade, and it has already become popular academic studies in college nowadays. Indeed, the reading of Language Learning Behaviour in a Virtual Environment (Roed,2003) has bought me forward not just on the recent trend of college studies but also my understanding on the role as a language teacher. I totally agree with Roed that leading students to communicating online is a good approach for language practice since they would feel less anxious and more willing to express themselves in the language. Perhaps, leading students to communicate through a blog is just very fundamental in recent years - I believe multiliteracies has already gone way far from my understanding. The pool of new technologies in language teaching will be endless; therefore, as a teacher, I will have much to learn in order to facilitate my students as well as for the development of my professional.

Reference:
Language Learning Behaviour in a Virtual Environment (Roed,2003)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that the reading has started you thinking about your own role and how to develop professionally. The pool of available web 2.0 technologies out there is indeed vast now. I don't think any one person can ever hope to get on top of all of it, but we can try to understand some of it, and put it to good use. Good luck with that! By the way, next time you can add a hyperlink to the article abstract for your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's right - add a hyperlink to the article abstract though! Thanks, Christoph - I learn again!

    I really learn a lot from the new technologies course. Indeed, I could never imagine the I.T. world has developed so much now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on, Connie, get with the program!

    ReplyDelete