Monday, March 15, 2010

Copyright issues

Wow, if you go deep into the copyright issues, it could be very SERIOUS!

This is my first time reading materials about copyright in Hong Kong and I am really far away from the knowledge. Oops ...

From what I've heard in common sense, there is much more that we, as a teacher, should know!

Right after learning more about it, I have gone into my blog and deleted a few links that I have provided in the writings.

Teachers, please see if it helps:
http://www.ipd.gov.hk/eng/intellectual_property/copyright/edu_guide.pdf

3 comments:

  1. Hey Connie, it's Margaret. How far do you think copyright should go in your opinion? If materials are to be taught to students and are meant for students to learn something from authors, is copyright that important? Also, what kind of material can be used and what can't? How do we determine, such as a newspaper article, if we use it as a teaching aid in class, how much credit do we need to give the author, and do the students care even if we do give them the citations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we, as the teachers, should learn more about copyright at first. It is always our lack of knowledge to cause the problem goes deep further among the students. We are the models of them; so, we should be the one pay attention on the issue first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do agree copyrights seems to be a hot issue nowadays to deal with ....here in Hong Kong and in Asia as many people think it is ok to download anything they like and assume it's fine to copy what ever they fancy...

    ReplyDelete